Gambas a la Plancha (Grilled Shrimp with Garlic and Lemon)
Gambas a la Plancha (Grilled Shrimp)
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika (smoked or sweet)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Fresh parsley, chopped (for garnish)
- Lemon wedges (for serving)
- Marinate the Shrimp:
- In a bowl, combine the minced garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice, extra-virgin olive oil, paprika, salt, and freshly ground black pepper. Mix well.
- Add the peeled and deveined shrimp to the marinade, ensuring they are well coated. Let them marinate for about 15-20 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Preheat the Grill:
- Preheat a grill or grill pan to medium-high heat. You can also use a stovetop griddle or skillet.
- Grill the Shrimp:
- Thread the marinated shrimp onto skewers or simply place them directly on the grill grates.
- Grill the shrimp for about 2-3 minutes per side, or until they turn pink and opaque with nice grill marks. Be careful not to overcook, as shrimp cook quickly.
- Garnish and Serve:
- Remove the grilled shrimp from the heat and place them on a serving platter.
- Garnish with freshly chopped parsley and serve with lemon wedges on the side.
- Serve your Gambas a la Plancha immediately as a light and refreshing summer dish.
- You can add a pinch of red pepper flakes to the marinade if you want to add some heat to the dish.
- Serve the grilled shrimp over a bed of fresh greens or with a side of Spanish-style rice for a complete meal.
Gambas a la Plancha is a delightful Spanish dish that highlights the flavors of the Mediterranean, making it a perfect choice for a light and refreshing summer meal. ¡Buen provecho! (Enjoy your meal!)