Classic Lobster Roll
- 1 1/2 pounds cooked lobster meat (from about 4 lobster tails or 2 whole lobsters), chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 celery stalk, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 top-split New England-style hot dog buns
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- Lettuce leaves (e.g., Boston or Bibb lettuce)
- Additional chives and lemon wedges for garnish
- Prepare the Lobster Salad:
- In a mixing bowl, combine the chopped lobster meat, mayonnaise, lemon juice, finely chopped celery, and fresh chives.
- Gently fold the ingredients together until the lobster is evenly coated. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Refrigerate the lobster salad while you prepare the buns.
- Prepare the Buns:
- Preheat a griddle or skillet over medium-high heat.
- Brush the insides of the hot dog buns with melted butter.
- Toast the buns on the griddle or skillet until they become lightly golden and crispy on the inside. This should take about 2-3 minutes per side.
- Assemble the Lobster Rolls:
- Place a lettuce leaf in each toasted bun to create a bed for the lobster salad.
- Spoon a generous amount of the chilled lobster salad into each bun.
- Garnish and Serve:
- Garnish the lobster rolls with additional chopped chives and serve with lemon wedges on the side.
- Serve your classic Lobster Rolls immediately while they're fresh and flavorful.
- If you prefer a warmer lobster roll, you can lightly heat the lobster meat in a pan with butter before assembling the rolls.
- Feel free to customize your lobster roll with additional toppings like sliced avocado, cucumber, or a sprinkle of paprika for added flavor.
These classic Lobster Rolls capture the essence of New England and are a delightful choice for a lunchtime treat. Enjoy the sweet, tender lobster meat in a buttery, toasted bun!