Grilled Florida Snapper with Citrus Glaze
- 4 fresh American Red Snapper fillets (about 6-8 ounces each)
- OR 4 fresh Lane Snapper fillets (about 6-8 ounces each)
- OR 4 fresh Florida Yellowtail Snapper fillets (about 6-8 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Zest and juice of 1 orange
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped (for garnish)
- Lemon wedges (for serving)
- Prepare the Citrus Glaze:
- In a small saucepan, combine the minced garlic, paprika, orange zest and juice, lemon zest and juice, and honey. Heat over low heat, stirring occasionally, until the mixture thickens slightly. This will be your citrus glaze. Set it aside to cool.
- Prepare the Snapper:
- Preheat your grill to medium-high heat and brush the grates with oil to prevent sticking.
- Pat the snapper fillets dry with a paper towel and brush them with olive oil. Season both sides with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Grill the Snapper:
- Place the snapper fillets on the preheated grill, skin-side down. Close the grill lid and cook for about 4-5 minutes.
- Apply the Citrus Glaze:
- After the first side has cooked, flip the snapper fillets carefully. Brush the cooked side with the citrus glaze.
- Continue Grilling:
- Close the grill lid again and cook for an additional 4-5 minutes, or until the snapper is opaque and flakes easily with a fork. The glaze should caramelize slightly on the fillets.
- Carefully remove the grilled snapper from the grill and transfer them to serving plates.
- Drizzle any remaining citrus glaze over the top.
- Garnish with freshly chopped parsley and serve with lemon wedges on the side.
- You can also grill the snapper on a piece of aluminum foil to prevent sticking to the grill grates.
- Serve the grilled snapper with your choice of sides, such as rice, grilled vegetables, or a fresh salad.
This Grilled Florida Snapper with Citrus Glaze recipe captures the flavors of the Sunshine State, combining the sweetness of citrus with the deliciousness of fresh snapper. Enjoy your taste of Florida cuisine!